An important message of Exercise Right Week is to raise awareness of Exercise Physiology (EP) and the expertise that Exercise Physiologists can provide to ensure that when you do exercise that you “Exercise Right”.
At Physioworks Health Group our team of four highly experienced, accredited Exercise Physiologists; Brooke DeHey, Jude Hewavasam, Megan Jepson & Daniel Jeavons; provide exercise education & exercise consultation across the Physioworks Cranbourne, Pakenham, Camberwell & Mulgrave (WPPC) clinics.
Accredited Exercise Physiologists are four-year tertiary qualified Allied Health professionals who specialise in the delivery of exercise, education, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries, including:
- Comprehensive Physical Assessments
- Cardiovascular reconditioning
- Functional maintenance
- Strength and Conditioning training
- Functional capacity assessment and conditioning (ADL and work)
- Community based gym-program design
- Facilitate transition into ongoing programs
- Long term lifestyle management and preventive education
- Group classes – including Fitness, Strength, Walking, General exercise, Rehabilitation, Pre/Post natal & Running based classes
- Sport / Recreational skill acquisition training & retraining
What types of clients and conditions can the Physioworks Exercise Physiology team treat?
Tailored to best manage individual conditions, the EP team at Physioworks Health Group develop exercise programs for a range of conditions and requirements:
- Musculoskeletal conditions; such as Osteoporosis, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia. Osteoarthritis/Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Neurological conditions; including Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Cerebral Palsy.
- Cardiopulmonary conditions; such as Cardiovascular Disease, Hypertension, Asthma, COPD.
- Metabolic Conditions; including Diabetes (T1 & T2), Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity
- General Population; Improved fitness, Health, Weight loss, Strengthening
- Sports Specific; Training, Strength, Fitness, End stage rehabilitation
Exercise Right at Physioworks Health Group:
Our team work with individuals to achieve exercise goals – developing specific exercise programs for individual conditions – and educate the individual on how to “Exercise Right” to ensure maximum benefit from thier exercise.
The recent Mother’s Day Classic Fun Run is an example of how our Group Training can be tailored within individual exercise programs.
Our EP team trained and managed a running group at Physioworks Cranbourne to compete in the run. Some of the group were experienced runners with sport specific goals, some were previously not-runners who had set themselves an improved fitness exercise goal, while others used the run to assist with Metobolic conditions. All achieved their goals – as all had prepared correctly to reach their exercise outcome as part of a specific, tailored exercise program.
Can we help you to Exercise Right?
Please contact the Physioworks Exercise Physiology team as we know we can assist you with an exercise assessment and program to improve your health and general well-being. Give us a call. Go to www.physioworkshealthgroup.com.au for your most convenient clinic location.